Shasta Pools’ Superior Pool Construction Process
For 50 years, we’ve been honing our construction process to provide the most efficient and easy pool building experience around. As a Shasta customer, you’ll never be in the dark about what’s going on in your backyard. By providing regular communications throughout every phase, we keep you informed about what’s to come – including profiles and photos of the Shasta employees who will be visiting your home. Please take few minutes to familiarize yourself with the stages of the pool construction process below.
After the design process, we stake out your pool. This gives you an idea of how the pool will fit into your backyard so you can be sure of the location and position before we break ground.
Fencing and Excavation
We’ll have to take down a portion of your fencing to access your backyard for the excavation process. We’ll give you a few days’ notice so you can make sure your pets are secured. We’ll then dig out the shape and depth of your pool according to your design. We take our time with this process to make sure it’s done right – so don’t be surprised when you hear our crew arrive at daybreak!
Plumbing and Equipment
This is one of the most important phases in your pool construction. Depending on the cleaning system you have chosen, you could have over 200 feet of plumbing under your pool floor! We pressure test our plumbing lines, checking pressure readings multiple times to ensure that all aspects of your hydraulic system is safeguarded. Our plumbers follow engineered plumbing schematics to the last detail to ensure the highest level of quality and safety.
With the plumbing and equipment successfully installed, your new swimming pool is now ready for the electrical equipment, including lights. Because the electrical components of your swimming pool will need to be connected to the electricity box near your home, our electrical crew will bring in a trencher that will dig a 6″ to 12″ trench from your electric panel to the swimming pool equipment. It is important that you mark and/or expose any sprinkler or drip lines that must be protected. If there are other plants or obstructions that need safeguarding, it’s important to do so before the crew arrives to begin this phase of construction.
Structure and Surface
Your pool’s structure is built with reinforced steel rebar, spaced closely together to offer strength and long term durability to your pool structure. Once the frame is built, the wiring and electrical pad is installed by our experienced electrical crew. Once the city inspector has signed off on the work done so far, we’ll bring in our Shotcrete crew. This is a fascinating process where the Shotcrete is blown onto your pool’s frame. Your kids will enjoy watching our skilled craftsmen at work as they carefully sculpt and smooth the interior of your pool. Once the shotcrete is cured, your chosen plaster or pebble surface will be applied.
Hardscape and Decking
Next comes any hardscaping you included in your design. This could be a gazebo, outdoor kitchen, fire pit or custom water features. We’ll then build your pool deck according to your design specifications.
As the swimming pool construction process winds down, our team will be putting the finishing touches on your new outdoor living environment. In this phase, that means adding the beautiful waterline tile that will give your swimming pool a distinct style. Tile is available in a variety of sizes, styles, colors, and patterns. During this phase, our construction crew will install six inches of waterline tile at the top of your swimming pool. This means that three inches of tile will fall below the water, while three inches of tile will be above the waterline.
After the decorative waterline tile has been installed in your new swimming pool, our construction crew can begin applying the interior finish. This can be a one- or two-day process, depending on what type of interior finish you choose. Plaster interior finishes will take only one day to apply, while stone interiors require two days. Since the installation of interior surfaces requires care and expertise, Shasta Pools is proud to be the only local pool builder to do 95 percent of this important phase with its own crews. The other 5 percent are some of the best hand-picked subcontractors. It’s too important to leave to just anyone to complete, so we make sure to work with the best professionals available.
Clean Up and Start-Up
Once construction is complete, we’ll get to work cleaning up after ourselves. We’ll remove any construction debris, put your fence back up and return your landscaping to the way we found it. We’ll then fill your pool, start up your equipment and balance your water chemistry so that your pool is swim ready.